Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Jungle for Indies/The World as your Instructor Summary

So I posted two articles this week. They are two very different articles dealing with two very different subjects. I just wanted to sum up what I'm saying in both. And I've yet to finish "The World as Your Instructor" but still let me abridge both before finishing those thoughts.

What I'm not saying:

  •  In Regards To: The World as Your Drum Instructor -- Before I finish pt. 2. I wanted to let you know that one of the best things you can do is find a Drum Instructor. What I'm saying in part 1 is that I didn't have that convenience in the part of the world I lived in Circa 1991.  And 1991 was a world without Internet and Cell Phones. Some of you that may be reading this might not have these amenities. That post is for everyone, but ESPECIALLY for the man and woman who has to teach yourself your particular instrument. But if you're in distance to a Drum Instructor that can help you learn how to play. Then that's great!! and I say DO IT! But I say find one that fits you and helps you build upon your great habits. I'm saying as a teacher, that I would never deconstruct a drummer's natural talent and natural approach to the drums. I would only deconstruct the bad habits that I knew would become harmful to a drummer's health. i.e Arms and Wrist. So to clarify... Find an instructor if you absolutely can. Find one that fits you and helps you meet your goals. Some might push you and make you mad. But I believe one will definitely help you and make you a better Drummer. If you're aren't in a place geographically to do so. Then use all that you can possibly can to make you better. It always comes down to your drive, passion, natural talent, and love for the instrument no matter your circumstances. Just make sure and find the instructor, or resources, that foster your passion and drive. But doesn't turn you away from the love of your instrument. Hope everyone has a great weekend and thank you so much for reading my blog!!  Thanks!

No comments: