So I guess I should explain why this blog exists or why I have purpose to write it.
I might be coming to a very elitist paradigm to some.. but to other purists and musicians that don't enjoy leaving their music to the hands of other people (facets of The Music Industry) Then this blog will inspire you. And for The Music Industry that has never suffered long months in a van tour towing your gear everywhere.. but has instead sentenced your artists to those to squeeze every single drop of money you can squeeze from them before you drop em... Well to put it bluntly this blog will only make you mad I'm sure.
But you can't be mad that I'm here not to divide necessarily but to empower. I firmly believe that Artists should feel in control of their art. Instead of letting someone who understands nothing about it to exploit it and burn the artist out by taking it to fantastical avenues of marketing to only benefit one party.
I sat through too many meetings and have heard too many stories of The Music Industry trying to make bands almost wear monkey suits to sale their music. Why have us artists stooped to such levels to let everyone hear our music when we could cut the middle man out and do that ourselves??!
Believe me, I sat in a lot of vans with signed artists on "big" tours while a manager and record label looked on reaping all the benefits. While reaping all the benefits I was beating my body to death..
So I come from the perspective of the "sideman" .. And I also come from the perspective of the Artist who respects their Art enough to not sell it out.. But to make a comfortable living doing what they love without selling their soul.
So Anyways, Start Here... I'm no Bob Lefsetz .. But I do agree with about everything he says.
We live in a great time to be independent musicians. And I'll be doing my best to help you all see where you can be better at succeeding in your craft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment